Colorado History and Genealogy Project

d

 

 

 

Presbyterian Churches ~ Colorado ~  1870

The first Presbyterian Church, of Denver, was organized December 15, 1861, in the International Hall, on Ferry Street. It is now located on F Street, between Lawrence and Arapahoe streets, and is a substantial brick building, valued at 88,000. Number of members, fifty-five.

Officers, J. Q. Charles, W. F. McClelland, elders. J. Q. Charles, J. W. Horner, J. E. Estabrook, J. Moncrief, H. H. Hamilton, trustees. W. H. Hubbard is superintendent of the Sunday school; average attendance, 112; volumes in library, 100.

The stated supplies of this church, since its organization, have been as follows:

Rev. A. S. Billingsley, December 15, 1861, to 18__

Rev. A. R. Day, March 14, 1863, to February 10, 1865

Rev. J. B. McClure, October 1, 1865, to November 1, 1867

Rev. A. Y. Moore, March 15, 1868, to May 15, 1868

Rev. E. P. Wells, the present pastor, entered upon the discharge of his duties November 12, 1868.

Rocky Mountain Directory & Colorado Gazetteer

Source: Rocky Mountain Directory and Colorado Gazetteer, 1871, S. S. Wallihan & Company, Compilers and Publishers, Denver, 1870.

 

Please come back again!

 

 

What's New ~ Who's New ~ Where New

Genealogy Village and AccessGenealogy our sponsor



This page was last updated Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015 01:24:48 EST
Copyright © 2014 - 2017
Charles W. Barnum and Judy White
The American History and Genealogy Project.

Enjoy the work of our webmasters, provide a link, do not copy their work.